What's in the Yard? RMK MS South June 2021June 24, 2021
"Our pride in a job well done and complete transparency is how we will continue to build clientele and relationships." –
Rick Hambley, RMK MS South Service Project Manager
Welcome to the June 2021 edition of What's in the Yard – your behind-the-scenes look at what’s happening at RMK Merrill-Stevens. For the June 2021 edition of What’s in the Yard, we spoke with RMK MS South Project Manager's Rick Hambley and Jack Haney.
Business has been "exploding" on the South Yard according to Rick. "We have operated above capacity for the last three months," Rick Says. Business has yet to slow down after a rise in December of 2020. "My conversations with other industry members tell me that business is booming everywhere in yachting," says Rick. Rick continues, saying "By building our clientele during this boom, we hope to stabilize our workflow for the coming months and years."
Asked about his favorite project on the South Yard over the past couple of months, Rick says "Hurricane Wake," a 27' Boston Whaler Challenger. The South Yard is customizing Hurricane Wake's interior, amenities, and more, including building a custom tower, live well, and furniture.
What's in the Yard? RMK MS South
Jack Haney provided insight on many of the current projects the RMK MS South team is working on. If taking a tour with our team, here is what you would find in the South yard this month:
- A couple of the most exciting projects on the yard are courtesy of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. We are renewing all exterior paint in collaboration with Metal Shark Boats of Jeanerette, Louisiana
- New employees are in the South Yard after several recent hires. "New hires are exciting because it shows our devotion to becoming more standardized, and (we are) able to accomplish bigger jobs safer and more efficiently," says Rick. There are still a wide range of careers available at RMK Merrill-Stevens North and South. See open positions here.
- Euphoria, an 85' Ferretti, recently left RMK MS South after an engine replacement. Collaboration with Scarano Marine
- Papillon, 80' Burger. New stern tubes installed, driveline repairs and engine room improvements
- Pleasure Play is a 77' Azimut that is receiving two new engines at RMK MS South and replacement of its underwater lights.
- Jenny Lynne, an 87' motor yacht, is at the yard to receive new bottom paint and for the installation of the stern thruster tube and lower unit, including the props for the stern thruster
- Mango Express, sailing yacht, is set to receive a new rudder bearing and will be ready to leave the yard shortly after.
- A 40' Cobalt A40 for Massimo Charters is on the yard and will receive several upgrades.
Bring Your Vessel to RMK MS South
RMK Merrill-Stevens is your home for superyacht refit, maintenance, and service. After rebuilding the North and South Yards, our focus is now on continuing to build our team, capabilities, and improving the quality of our service. "The constantly improving skill level and new hires give us the ability to perform much bigger and more complicated projects than our competition on the Miami river," says Rick.
With more reasons than ever before to bring your vessel to RMK MS South, what are you waiting for? Request your quote today.